About Me

My photo
I'm librarian by education, techie by profession, and reader by passion!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Just to Be Chapter 1: Prologue: The Forgotten, a harry potter fanfic - FanFiction.Net

Just to Be Chapter 1: Prologue: The Forgotten, a harry potter fanfic - FanFiction.Net by Amarti

                                                                                                          banner by me!

Pairing: Severus Snape/Hermione Granger
Rating: Mature/R

Synopsis: Post-DH, EWE. Six years after the war, Hermione discovers a neglected and abused population with no place in a post-Voldemort world, and the man who stayed behind to pick up the pieces. A story of reconciliation, redemption, and above all, love.

My View: I started reading this story from about three or four chapters in and I loved it. This is a unique plot which can be difficult in the HP fanfiction universe. Hermione finds out that there is a group of children being horribly neglected and abused. These are the children of the Death Eaters. Too young to defend themselves, they have been cast aside to be used and abused. I just wanted to hug those poor children! The story is not just about their road out of the depths of hell, but many of the original HP cast. Severus, feeling the need to redeem himself, takes it upon himself to care for those lost children, but he is only one man. This is the story of how these children cause Hermione, Harry, Severus, Luna, Neville, and Ginny to open up to the possibility of all things especially love and forgiveness. It's a touching, tender piece that will have you laugh and cry all at the same time. It's unique plot will reel you in while the way the author writes these characters will keep you reading.

Excellent work! I am just so happy that's it's done so I could put it up here. I have been unable to post many recommendations since I refuse to recommend on my blog an unfinished piece. Sounds harsh, but it's because I want to recommend completed pieces and so I can give a thorough honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Bandgeek252!

    I don't see your email address on your FFN profile. Let's try it this way!


    This week's theme on the SSHG Quiz on LJ is Mirrors! Your story, What the Mirror Saw, fits the theme perfectly and is featured with a quote on the quiz along with a link to your story. Please accept our Featured Author banner as our thank you for sharing your story with SSHG fangirls.

    Your Featured Author banner:
    http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/morethansirius/10616016/245455/original.png

    Come play the SSHG Mirrors Quiz!
    http://quiz-sshg.livejournal.com/164344.html

    Thanks,

    Therese (morethansirius)
    SSHG Quiz mod

    ReplyDelete