About Me

My photo
I'm librarian by education, techie by profession, and reader by passion!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Bookends Chapter 1, a harry potter fanfic - FanFiction.Net

Bookends Chapter 1, a harry potter fanfic - FanFiction.Net by Selmak



Synopsis: There's a new Weasley on the way! Arthur's the dad and Hermione's the mum! How do the Weasleys react?

Pairing: Hermione/Arthur W.

Rating: M/R (suggestions and language... it's not that bad people!)

My View: Now I know I have confessed to strange pairings in the past and this is one of those, but this story of two lonely people trying to solace and love together is heartwarming and tender. I was surprised at how short yet how wonderful it was. After ten years of marriage, Ron and Hermione divorce so that Ron can live with the love of his life, Harry Potter. Broken and childless she hatches a plan. She will go to a pub and pick up a man! Any man to do the job. Meanwhile Arthur who is so horribly lonely after watching his beloved wife's memory slip away, he goes to a pub just be surrounded by some noise for a few hours. Quickly, these two lonely broken hearted people share something incredibly sweet. What will the Weasleys have to say about this?

I love Arthur, Hermione, George, Percy, and Angelina in this story. Teddy is really sweet too. These characters are well written and while the story isn't that long there is nothing wasted here. It may not sound like a pairing you would normally read and for that I will agree with you, but I have found that sometimes the strangest pairings make the most interesting stories.

That is my very first banner. I am trying my hand at GIMP (it's a tough one). I hopefully will have my banner for my own story up next.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thrilled that you liked this story. :) Selmak

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually convinced a few people on other sites to try it and a few really liked it. So hat's off to you ^^

    ReplyDelete