About Me

My photo
I'm librarian by education, techie by profession, and reader by passion!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Unexpected Consequences Chapter 1: Flight, a harry potter fanfic - FanFiction.Net

Unexpected Consequences Chapter 1: Flight, a harry potter fanfic - FanFiction.Net by Kimberlee18

Synopsis: Hermione has been living with Sirius and Remus in Grimmauld place for a year. Everything has been going well until one fateful full moon when the wolfsbane potion fails and Hermione gets bitten. How will she handle her new life? Mature. HG/RL,HG/SB. Note: This story takes place about a year after the final battle. In this fiction Sirius Black never fell through the veil, Remus Lupin and Severus Snape lived, and Tonks never existed. This fic is rated M for language and scenes of a mature nature later on. This fic is mostly HG/RL with some HG/SB as a possibility later on.

Rating: M/R (for a few mature scenes, but nothing too smutty)

Pairing: Remus/Hermione, Hermione/Sirius (believe me it works!)

My View: I am surprised that this story has so few reviews. It's not an incredibly long story, but it's well done and there aren't many like this. Few authors out there can take the "Hermione got bit" plot and really see it through to the end. Most give up after a few chapters which is why this story is on my favorites list. I enjoyed Kimberlee's take on this plot. She gives reasonable explanations about werewolves, a well structured plot, and smooth follow through. Remus bites Hermione one night when the wolfbane's potion is taken too late. I adore how she wrote Hermione to be strong through this ordeal. Too many writers make Hermione incredibly weepy and too emotional for my tastes, but this author nailed it. I liked how Remus, Sirius, and Snape were written. Snape and Hermione are friends which I adore. I like the SS/HG pairings (they are my FAVORITE, but I do enjoy them as friends). Remus and Sirius promise to help her through the transformation, but what they didn't anticipate... was what a girl goes through. Fast paced and enjoyable little read. I was slightly saddened that Tonks wouldn't exist in this story, but it probably made the story simpler to write and follow. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment